Chest requirement for joining Indian Army? Indian army physical test Images for army physical test chest
Physical Standard of Various Categories
|Soldier General Duty & Tradesman||Soldier Technical & Nursing Assistant||Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical||(Cms)||(Kgs)|
|Western Himalayan Region (J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West of the Inter State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East of Road of Mukerian Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar and Chandigarh, Garhwal and Kumaon)||166 cms||163 cms||162 cms||77||48|
|Eastern Himalayan Region(Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam and Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts).||160 cms||157 cms||160 cms||77||48|
|Western Plains Region(Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Western UP (Meerut and Agra Divisions)||170 cms||170 cms||162 cms||77||50|
|Eastern Plains Region(Eastern UP, Bihar, West Bengal and Orissa)||169 cms||169 cms||162 cms||77||50|
|Central Region (Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu)||168 cms||167 cms||162 cms||77*||50|
|Southern Region (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa and Pondicherry)||166 cms||165 cms||162 cms||77||50|
* Chest 76 cms only for Soldier Technical category from Central Region.
Special Physical Standard.
Special physical standard as given below are applicable to the following with effect from 01 Aug 2004:
|(b)||Gorkhas both Nepalese and Indian||157||48||77|
|(c) Candidates from Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Group Including Minicoy.|
|(d)||Tribals of authorized Tribal Areas||162||48||77|
|(e)||Brigade of Guards||173||50||77|
|(g)||Corps of Military Police||173||50||77|
|(h)||Clerk General Duty / Store Keeper Technical||162*||50||77|
|(j)||Religious Teacher JCO||160||50||77|
|(k)||Soldier Tradesman||Minimum Physical Standard of the regions given above, minus 1 cm Chest and 2 kgs Wt. Height criteria would be at par with Soldier General Duty as relevant to the region.|
|(l)||Havildar Education||As applicable to Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical for various regions. However, preference will be given to the candidate fulfilling the physical standard laid down for Soldier General Duty.|
|(m)||JCO Catering (ASC) / Surveyor||As applicable to Soldier General Duty for Automated Cartographer (Engineer) various regions.|
Note:*Regional physical standards lower than the standards laid down in Para 2 (h) above will be applicable to clerical candidates belonging to those region.
Dispensation in Physical Standards
|Chest (Cms)||Weight (Kgs)|
|(a)||Sons of Servicemen(SOS) / Ex-Servicemen (SOEX)/ War Widows(SOWW) / Widows of Ex-Servicemen.||2||1||2|
|(b)||Adopted son / son–in–law of a War Widow, if she has no son including a legally adopted son of Serving Soldier / Ex-Servicemen||2||1||2|
|(c)||Outstanding Sportsmen (National / State level having secured 1st / 2nd Position in last two years)||2||3||5|
|(d)||For candidates belonging to chronically poor areas and those desirous of joining overage categories who are from families engaged in traditional profession. This relaxation may be given at the discretion of DDG Recruiting (States) or Centre Commandants.||Nil||Nil||2|
Note: An eligible candidate can be granted prescribed relaxations in all three measurements i.e. Height, Chest and Weight. However, he cannot claim dispensations of more than one category i.e. parental and sportsmen.
Instant enrolment is provided into the Army as Soldier General Duty to the following through respective Regiment / Corps Training Centres:
- One son of a battle casualty.
- One real brother of a battle casualty, when deceased was unmarried / did not have a male child.
- One real brother of a battle casualty provided he gets married to the deceased widow who is issueless or has no male child.
- One real brother of a battle casualty provided he gets married to the deceased widow who has a male child but who has not attained age for enrolment.
- One real son of the battle casualty when the battle casualty has been invalidated out of service on medical ground.
The candidates should meet age, educational qualification, physical measurement and medical standards. The concessions as applicable to the sons of servicemen / ex-servicemen in physical measurement will also be given in such cases. They will not be put through any formal test like Physical Fitness Test and written tests.
- A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 mtrs).
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for infantry should have 6/6 eye sight.