Haryana General Knowledge PDF – Haryana GK for HSSC exam 2016 – Gram Sachiv – Canal Pawari – Clerks Haryana GK & Current Affairs 2016 Question Answers PDF Download. This page will deals with Haryana Current Affairs GK question answers that means student of Haryana state can get their latest General Knowledge question on their states, villages, cities e.t.c.
Haryana GK & Current Affairs 2016 Question Answers
HOW THE HARYANA STATE IS FORMED? :- It was carved out of the former state of East Punjab on 1 November 1966 on the basis of language distribution.
WHAT’S THE MEANING OF HARYANA? :- The name Haryana may be derived from the Sanskrit words Hari (the Hindu god Vishnu) and ayana (home), meaning “the Abode of God”
- Haryana is located in the North-west of India.
- It’s total area is 44,212 sq km.
- Population & Rank (2011) – 25,351,462 & 17th Rank
- It shares boundaries with various states such as in its east there is Uttar Pradesh, in North-West Punjab, in North, Himachal and in its South-West Rajasthan. Besides Haryana has covered Delhi from three sides.
Read some of facts related with this small state of the country.
- Capital of Haryana – Chandigarh
- Districts – 21
- Assembly Seats – 90
- Lok Sabha Seats – 10
- Rajya Sabha Seats – 5
- Chief Minister – Sh Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Kaptan Singh Solanki
- Education/ Tourism -Sh Ram Bilas Sharma
- Health Minister – Sh Anil Bij
- Finance Minister – Sh Captain Abhimanyu
- Agriculture Minister – Sh Om Parkash Dhankar
- Public Works ( B & R ) – Sh Narbir Singh
- Social Justice and Empowerment/ Urban Local Bodies – Smt Kavita Jain
- Transport/ Housing – Sh Krishan Lal Panwar
- Haryana was formed on 1st of November 1966. This day is celebrated as Haryana Day.
- Largest city :- Faridabad
Which is home to the largest and one of the oldest ancient Indus Valley Civilization sites ?
- Rakhigarhi village in the Hisar district was a Bronze Age civilisation
WHERE AND WHEN THE THREE BATTLES OF PANIPAT TOOK PLACE?
- The three battles of Panipat took place near the modern town of Panipat in Haryana. The first battle took place in 1526, 1556 and 1761
Haryana Governors and Chief Ministers – List With Tenure
Haryana came in to existence on 1st of Nov 1966 after carving out from Punjab. After its inception, the administrative activities began immediately. It had its first Governor and Chief Minister along with a string of other officer bearers.
In most of the competitive exams, there are one or more questions related with the Governors and Chief Ministers. Now Check the list of the Haryana Sate Governors and Chief Ministers from the birth of the state ( 01/11/1966).
The Governors of Haryana
|Name of Governors||Tenure|
|1. Sh Dharamvir||1/11/1966 to 31/03/1967|
|2. Sh B.N. Chakravarti||15/09/1967 to 26/03/1976|
|3. Sh R.S Narula||27/03/1976 to 13/08/1976|
|4. Sh Jai Sukhlal||14/08/1976 to 23/09/1977|
|5. Sh Harcharan Singh Barar||24/09/1977 to 09/12/1979|
|6. Sh. SS Sandhvalia||9/12/1979 to 27/02/1980|
|7. Sh GD Tapase||28/02/1980 to 13/06/1984|
|8. Sh S.M.H Burney||14/06/1984 to 21/02/1988|
|9. Sh H.A. Brar||22/02/1988 to 06/021990|
|10. Sh Dhanik Lal Mandal||07/02/1990 to 13/06/1995|
|11. Sh Mahavir Prasad||14/06/1995 to 13/06/2000|
|12. Sh Babu Permanand||14/06/2000 to 07/07/2004|
|13. Sh A.R. Kidwai||07/07/2004 to 27/07/2009|
|14. Sh Jagannath Pahadia||27/07/2009 to 26/07/2014|
|15. Sh Kaptan Singh Solanki||27/07/2014 to till date|
Chief Ministers of Haryana
|Name of Chief Ministers||Tenure|
|1. Sh Bhagwat Dyal Sharma||01/11/1966 to 23/03/1967|
|2. Sh Rao Virender Singh||24/03/1967 to 20/11/1967|
|3. President Rule||20/11/1967 to 21/05/1968|
|4. Sh Bansilal||31/05/1968 to 30/11/1975|
|5. Sh Banarsi Das Gupta||01/12/1975 to 30/04/1977|
|6. President Rule||30/04/1977 to 20/06/1977|
|7. Sh Devilal||21/06/1977 to 28/06/1979|
|8. Sh Bhajanlal||29/06/1979 to 04/06/1986|
|9. Sh. Bansilal||05/06/1986 to 19/06/1987|
|10. Sh Devilal||20/06/1987 to 01/12/1989|
|11. Sh OP Chautala||02/12/1989 to 22/05/1990|
|12. Sh Banarsi Das Gupta||23/05/1990 to 12/07/1990|
|13. Sh OP Chautala||12/07/1990 to 17/07/1990|
|14. Sh Hukum Singh||17/07/1990 to 22/03/1991|
|15. Sh OP Chautala||23/03/1991 to 05/04/1991|
|16. President Rule||05/04/1991 to 22/06/1991|
|17. Sh Bhajanlal||05/04/1991 to 22/06/1991|
|18. Sh Bansilal||23/06/1991 to 24/06/1999|
|19. Sh OP Chautala||24/06/1999 to 01/03/2000|
|20. Sh OP Chautala||02/03/2000 to 04/03/2005|
|21. Sh Bhupender Singh Hooda||05/03/2005 to 24/10/2009|
|22. Sh Bhupender Singh Hooda||25/10/2009 to 19/10/2014|
|23. Sh M.L Khattar||26/10/2014 to till date|
Some more about Haryana Administration –
- Sh Manohar Lal Khattar is the 10th CM of the state.
- Besides being the CM of the state, Ch Bansilal became the Defence Minister in 1975, Transport Minister in 1984 and Railway Minister in 1985.
- In the same way, Ch Bhajanlal was the Defence Minister in 1986.
- Ch Devilal became the Deputy – Prime Minister twice during the period 1989 -90.
- At present the state has 4 mandals, 21 districts, 54 sub mandals, 74 tehsils and 44 sub- tehsils. There are total 90 Legislative Seats out which 17 seats are reserved for the Schedule Castes.