3:14 pm - Thursday April 26, 2018

Indian Army Career Related FAQ

Indian Army Career Related FAQHow do I come to know the schedule of rally in my area ?- You have to visit the nearest Army Recruiting Office in your district or Army Recruiting Office under which your district falls or Headquarter Recruiting Zone of state whose telephone Number / IVRS is given on this web site.You can also the visit the link for more information

What are the documents required during recruitment rally?- Mark sheet, Board certificate, Caste certificate, Domicile certificate and Character certificate from Sarpanch in original and photocopy in duplicate duly attested by Gazetted Officer/Self attested.

Can candidates of Rajasthan be enroled outside Rajasthan in Army?– No! Candidates of Rajasthan can only be recruited in army rallies conducted inside Rajasthan State. Only wards of serving army personnel can seek outsider sanction in the State where their father is posted. If anybody is promising you enrollment in army beyond Rajasthan State area he is definitely trying to cheat you, hence beware.

Can girls participate in the rally? – No, only boys can participate.

My elder brother is presently serving in the Army; do I get the benefit of physical/bonus marks in Common Entrance Exam? – Brother of a serving/retired soldier does not get benefit in terms of physical/bonus marks. He only gets the benefit of participating in a recruitment rally.

Can a boy apply for Military Nursing Service? – No, only girls can apply for Military Nursing Service.

Can I take part in rally of other district in the State? – No, you can’t. You can take part only in your district rally.

I am holding NCC ‘B’ certificate, what is the benefit in case I produce it in the rally ? – In case you have applied for Soldier General Duty and Soldier Tradesman Category, you will get 10 bonus marks in the Common Entrance Exam provided you pass the Common Entrance Exam.

In what time frame do I need to report to military hospital for review of medical? – If you are declared PUF (Permanent Unit), you have to report to the Military Hospital for review within 21 days of medical examination and for TUF (Temporary Unfit) 42 days.

How much time does it take for documents to be received in Army recruiting Office from Military Hospital after being declared fit in medical? – 10 to 15 days from the day the result is declared in Military Hospital.

After being declared medically fit by the Military Hospital, what is the action to be taken? – You should report to your Army Recruiting Office for schedule of next Common Entrance Exam and other details.

Where do I get the Admit Card for Common Entrance Exam ? – Admit Card are issued by Army Recruiting Office generally a day prior to actual date of Common Entrance Exam at Common Entrance Exam site.

Is there any negative marking in written exam and in which category ? – Yes 0.5 negative marks are given for a wrong answer for all categories.

IVRS informing me as pass but I am not listed in the Result ?- Because you are not making in the merit list.

Can I enroll in my father’s Regiment? – Yes, provided vacancy exists; you should give your choice of arm at your respective Army Recruiting Office.

I have been selected for interview as religious teacher, can you provide railway warrant for Centre ? – When candidates are called for interview at Regt/Corps Training Centre (s). They will be entitled to free conveyance by Sleeper Class in Mail/Express trains only for their journey from to the concerned training centres and back. The candidates will be paid travelling Allowance for attending interview by the concerned Centre before despatch under Major Head 2076, Minor 105A, Code 250.

What are the charges for getting enrolled in the Army? – Enrollment in the Army is ABSOLUTELY FREE.

I am presently in 10+2. Can I apply for Soldier Clerk category? – No, you can only apply for Soldier Clerk/SKT category after declaration of results of 10+2 and having scored 50% marks in aggregate, 45% in each subject. English, Maths/Accountancy/Book Keeping, should be your compulsory subjects in Class 10th or 12th.

Army Recruitment Rally is planned in my District from 19-27 October 2013. The candidates of my district are permitted to participate in the rally on 22 Oct 2013 only. However, I will be completing my maximum age limit i.e 21 years for Soldier General Duty category on 20 Oct 2013. Can I still participate in the rally? – Yes, the first day of the rally i.e 19 Oct 2013 is counted as cut off date for enrolment in the Army for whole duration of rally. Thus you are eligible for the said category on the given date.

Whose signatures are required on the character certificate and caste certificate? What is the validity period of the character certificate? – Character certificate with official stamp duly signed by the Village Sarpanch/ Ward Parshad / Headmaster / Principal of a recognized School / College (where the candidate is presently studying) will be acceptable. This certificate is valid for six months from the date of issue. For Caste certificate a self attested stamp paper is required.

Which certificate is required as a proof of date of birth? –Education certificate of 10th class from a central / state education board recognized for the purpose of employment under central government in addition to higher education certificate whenever required.

There is a variation of 280 days in date of birth recorded in ‘Relationship certificate’ issued by Record Office of my father and in my 10th mark sheet? Am I still eligible to enjoy the benefit of Son of Serving Soldier (SOS)? – A variation of up to 366 days in date of birth recorded in the official records and the education certificate of the candidate may be taken as minor variation and candidate is considered as eligible for relaxation and bonus marks, if applicable. Any variation beyond 366 days is treated as major variation and candidate cannot enjoy any benefit in terms of physical relaxation / bonus marks. However, he can be processed as a general candidate in open rallies of Army Recruiting Office only.

There is a minor variation in my name recorded in ‘Relationship certificate’ issue by Record Office of my father and in my 10th mark sheet ? What can be done to resolve the discrepancy ? –  In case of acceptable / minor variation in the individual’s name, father’s name / mother’s name, surname and date of birth etc as shown on the education certificate of the candidate vis-a-vis the documents of the serving/retired soldier/widow/war widow, the bonafide of the candidate will need to be established. For the same, an affidavit of Rs.10/- non-judicial stamp paper duly countersigned by the Executive Magistrate Class-1/Notary authorized by Class-1 Magistrate is required to be submitted before he is granted the benefit of being of son/brother of serving/retired soldier. If any contrary fact comes later to light, the individual will be held accountable and the service of the candidate will be terminated in addition to legal action. In case the candidate cannot provide the affidavit, no benefit whatsoever shall be granted to the individual and he will be processed as a general candidate in open rallies of Army Recruiting Office only.

My elder brother was enrolled into the Army enjoying the benefits of the relationship certificate issued by Record Office of my father. Am I eligible for the same also ? – Only one son of a serving/retired soldier can enjoy the benefit of physical relaxation and bonus marks (both together).

During the last rally which I have attended, the relationship certificate was rejected stating that the details of officer signing the certificate is not mentioned on it? – Relationship certificate may be issued by Record Office concerned duly signed by an officer of the concerned Records in addition to Chief Record Officer/Senior Record Officer indicating the full details of the officer’s personal No, rank, name and appointment to make him accountable at any stage.

Filed in: Defence Exam Guide, Exam Guide, Indian Army Exam Guide

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply


error: Content is protected !!