Railway Group D Posts Selection Procedure 2015 – RRB/RRC Group D Selection Process
Recruitment By:- Indian Railway – Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC)
Post Name :- Group D posts such as Porter, Helper, Trackman, Gangman and more
-: Railway Group D Posts Details : –
Check out the name of RRC Group D posts given below.
- Helper-II (Mech)
- Helper-II (S&T)
- Helper-II (Elect)
- Gr. ‘D’ (Engg.)
- Gr. ‘D’ (Store)
Railway Group D Mode of Selection 2015
What selection method RRC/RRB uses to appoint candidates for Railway Group D posts are explained below :-
- Written Examination
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
- Final List
Railway Group D Written Examination
All those candidates who apply for Railway Group D recruitment are called for a written test. A separate call letter indicating date of examination, time and venue will be sent to all such candidates. Railway has recently changes its Group D exam pattern. Check below to know what’s new in Railway Group D exams.
- Written Exam consists of objective type multiple choice (4 options) question paper based on 10th class standard to assess the general knowledge/awareness/mathematics /reasoning etc.
- There are 100 Questions and the duration of Written Examination is of 90 minutes.
- The question paper will be printed in Hindi, English, Urdu and Maithili.
- There will be negative marking for marking wrong answers. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates have been permitted to take away their used question booklet after written examination.
RRC Physical Efficiency Test (PET) 2015 :-
Those aspirants who qualify in Railway Group D written examination are called for Physical Efficiency Test (PET). PET is conducted only for those short-listed candidates who qualify written examination. A separate call letter indicating date of PET, time & venue will be sent to him/her. The entire PET process is given below.
- Male candidates should be able to o run for a distance of 1000 (one thousand) meters in 4 (four) minutes & 15 (fifteen) seconds in one chance.
- Female candidates should be able to run for a distance of 400 (four hundred) meters in 3 (three) minutes & 10 (ten) seconds in one chance.
- The persons with disabilities are exempted from appearing in PET.
Document Verification :- Candidates those who qualify in PET, based on the merit position in the written examination, short-listed candidates are called for documents and candidature verification.
Medical Examination:- All those candidates who are found eligible after document and candidature verification, they are referred for medical examination.Due to low marks in the written examination, many candidates may not be called for Medical test.
Final Selection:- Final recruitment panel will be strictly based on merit position obtained in written examination. At last, RRC/RCB releases Merit list based on the candidate’s performance in written examination, PET, document verification and medical test for Group D posts. In this final list only qualified candidate’s name are mentioned and they are called soon for training.