SSC 62390 Constable GD PET/PST and Medical Standards 2015 Staff Selection Commission will conduct an open examination for recruitment to the posts of Constable (GD) in , BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB, NIA and SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles selection procedure is given as below:-
SSC 62390 Constable GD Scheme of Examination :-
- Physical Standards Test (PST)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- Written Exam
- Result of written examination
- Candidates shortlisted for Medical
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
- Final Merit List
Physical Standards Test :- All candidates applying for the recruitment and prima-facie eligible will be called to appear in Physical Standards Test and Physical Efficiency Test at places finalized by the Commission in consultation with the CAPFs. Detailed scrutiny of their eligibility will not be undertaken before PET/ PST. Therefore, it will be the responsibility of the candidate to verify their eligibility as prescribed in this notice before appearing for PST/ PET.
Physical Standards Test (PST)
Required Physical standards for both male and female
- Height: For Males : 170 cms. For Females : 157 cms.
- Chest: For males only – Unexpanded : 80 cms.- Expanded : Min expansion 5 cms.
- Weight : For males and Females : Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|For Male candidates||For Female candidates|
|RACE||5 Kms in 24 minutes.||1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes|
- Candidates who are found eligible on height parameters will undergo PET (race) followed by biometric identification & screening of testimonials and thereon chest and weight measurements by a board.
- Pregnancy at the time of PET will be considered a disqualification and pregnant female candidates shall be rejected at this stage.
- PET will not be held for Ex-Servicemen. However, they will be required to qualify in the medical examination.
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- Conduct of PST/PET will be the sole responsibility of the CAPFs. The Commission will not entertain any representation/appeal/RTI applications against the decision of the PST/PET Board.
SSC GD Constables Exam pattern and scheme of Examination Syllabus download
|Part Name||Subject Name/ syllabus||Number of Questions|
|Part-A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25|
|Part-B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25|
SSC 62390 Constable Medical Examination
| Visual Acuity unaided
| Uncorrected Visual Acuity
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III BY ISIHARA|| -In right handed person, the Right eye is better eye and vice versa.
-Binocular vision is required.
(i) The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein and squint in eyes. They must be in good mental and physical health for duties in all places including in high altitude and be fit to serve in border areas with extreme climatic conditions and must be free from any defect likely to interfere with efficient performance of the duties.
(ii) Only those candidates who have scored above the cut off marks fixed by the Commission in Written Examination will be required to appear in the Medical Examination. The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different qualifying standards for candidates belonging to different categories in different states/UTs, taking into consideration vacancies allotted to each State/UT.
(iii) The selected candidates will be medically examined by the medical boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness as prescribed in the eligibility conditions. “Those who do not produce domicile certificate will not be allowed to appear for medical examination.
(iv) Medical Test (X-Ray & laboratory) shall be conducted only for such candidates who are found fit after passing through all the level of tests.
(v) In case of medical examination, “temporary unfitness” will not be allowed. However, any female candidate who during the medical examination is found to be pregnant of twelve weeks standing or above, shall be declared temporarily unfit and her medical examination held in abeyance until the confinement is over.
(vi) Candidates declared unfit may file an appeal/representation to the designated authority in the CAPFs within 15 days of declaring him/her unfit by the medical board.
(vii) Testimonials of the candidates will be checked at the medical examination stage.